Published: Tuesday 1. November 2022
We wish to offer you a safe, clean and enjoyable bathing and swimming experience. To achieve this, we have drawn up a set of rules for general conduct and safety in and around the pools. We hope you have a wonderful time here. Welcome to Tromsøbadet!
- All bathing and activity at the water park is at your own risk.
- Please show consideration to the other bathing guests and Tromsøbadet’s facilities.
- Everyone at Tromsøbadet must follow the lifeguards’ instructions.
- Tromsøbadet, including the main entrance, is a smoke-free area.
- Photography and mobile phones are not permitted.
- Breaches of these rules may lead to expulsion from Tromsøbadet. In such circumstances, refunds will not be provided.
- All visits to Tromsøbadet are at your own risk. Tromsøbadet bears no liability for personal injury or material damage inflected during presence or while participating in activities at Tromsøbadet. The same limitation of liability applies to all visitors, irrespective of the purpose of the visit.
- All personal belongings are stored at your own risk.
- Lost property will be retained for two weeks before being delivered to Fretex. Items of high value will be delivered to the Police.
- Tromsøbadet bears no liability for the loss of such personal belongings, including during the specified period.
- Tromsøbadet bears no liability for the theft or loss through other means of personal belongings that visitors bring to the water park. This applies irrespective of whether the items are locked in an ordinary locker in the changing room or a safe, etc.
- Intoxicated persons will be expelled from Tromsøbadet with immediate effect.
- All guests must remove their swimwear and wash their entire body with soap in the shower before entering the pool area or sauna.
- We recommend guests to use bathing caps. Hair ties are compulsory for guests with long hair.
- Personal hygiene such as shaving and nail clipping, etc. is not permitted.
- Bandages and plasters must be removed before showering. For health reasons, people with open wounds are not permitted in the pool area.
- After showering, bathing guests must put on clean swimwear. Bathing in underwear is not permitted.
- Infants in nappies/diapers must wear a swim nappy/diaper.
- Once reaching school age (6), children must change and shower in their respective changing rooms.
- Prams and child safety seats are not permitted in the changing rooms. Please use the allocated area for prams in the corridor outside the changing rooms.
BATHING, SWIMMING, JUMPING AND DIVING
- Running in the shower and pool area is not permitted
- Pushing or pulling people into or under the water is strictly prohibited.
- Jumping/diving is only permitted from the places indicated and never onto or towards people who are in the pool.
- If you see anyone in need of help, notify a lifeguard immediately.
- Items that may cause personal injury to damage to facilities (e.g. glass, needles, chewing gum and snuff) must not be taken into Tromsøbadet.
- Snorkels, flippers and large inflatable toys cannot be used in the pools. (The ban on snorkels and flippers does not apply to organised training sessions under the direction of instructors or water sports clubs.)
WATER SLIDES AND DIVING TOWER
- Only one person may slide at a time in the water slides.
- Do not start until the light turns green.
- Slide on your back with your feet first.
- Please leave the splash pool at the bottom as quickly as possible.
- Inflatable/bath toys are not permitted in the water slides.
- Only one person at a time may go out to the edge of the diving platforms.
- Diving and jumping from the diving boards/platforms is only permitted on the signal of the lifeguard/instructor.
- After landing in the water, please swim directly to the edge and leave the pool.
WELLNESS AND RELAXATION AREA
- The wellness section is a quiet area. Please be considerate.
- The grotto is a quiet area. Please be considerate.
- Children under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult in the grotto.
- Inflatable/bath toys are not permitted in the wellness section or outdoor pool.
- For health reasons, we recommend that people suffering from diabetes or cardiovascular diseases, as well as pregnant women, do not use the cold plunge pool, grotto pool or saunas.
CHILDREN UNDER 12 AND NON-SWIMMERS
- You must be at least 12 years old and able to swim to enter the water park alone.
- Children under age 12 and other non-swimmers must be accompanied an experienced adult swimmer (age 18 or over).
- Each responsible adult swimmer may be accompanied by a maximum of three children and other non-swimmers.
- Non-swimmers may not enter the Olympic size pool, except for the shallow end when the depth is adjusted to under 1 metre.
CAFÉ, FOOD AND DRINK
- Reserving chairs, sunbeds, etc. is not permitted. Towels and other items used for that purpose will be removed.
- Bringing food into Tromsøbadet is not permitted. Food purchased at the café must be consumed at the tables beside the café area.
SCHOOLS, WATER SPORTS CLUBS AND OTHER TENANTS
- The head teacher at the respective school is responsible for the school classes that are at the pool.
- The head teacher is responsible for ensuring that sufficient and qualified personnel accompany the children at Tromsøbadet, cf. the relevant guidelines from the Norwegian Directorate of Education and Training.
- When entering into a contract concerning the rental of pool time at Tromsøbadet, the club etc. must stipulate a person responsible.
- When renting pool time at Tromsøbadet without a lifeguard or instructor, the person named at the time of entering into the contract is responsible for the safety of their own participants and for ensuring that sufficient and qualified coaches and instructors are present (refer to the regulations for pool tenants).
If you have any questions about the rules, you would like to receive training about our requirements or you wish to hire qualified personnel, please ask one of our lifeguards or enquire at reception.